Monday, September 11, 2006

Welcome to my dark world, as I plunge into the depths of my own soul and come out trying to force myself to look happier. It's not that dark actually, it's just a darkly sardonic look at stereotypes that people like to force on others, and to prove in the words of Obelix, who had travelled extensively around the world and therefore knew what he was talking about, that people, generally, are crazy. But once we realise we're part of this world, and, as my brother loves to say, we all have our own brand of eccentricities, we will be forced to lighten up and treat the general universe with an abandoned indulgence. We're all crazy after all, so why not make a party of it! Once you start judging others you're doomed. It becomes an addiction. Judging oneself, however, while a most necessary exercise and highly recommended by mental health therapists - a most noble breed - should be done on one's own time. Live and let live! Don't even try getting sane. Such a concept exists only in an ideal world. I guess what I'm coming down to are two words - practical insanity! Get a life!

No comments: